Title: Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Principal Investigator: Richard D. Cummings
Program: National Center for Functional Glycomics, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Email Contact: Jamie Heimburg-Molinaro, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
A Postdoctoral position is immediately available in the Department of Surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School in Boston, MA, USA to study the glycomics and glycoproteomics of different normal and disease states. Our research team combines glycomics, biochemistry, immunology, cell biology, and glycobiology to study protein-glycan interactions and functional glycomics in a variety of biological settings. We are the National Center for Functional Glycomics and also house the glycan array facility for the Consortium for Functional Glycomics. https://ncfg.hms.harvard.edu/home
This postdoc will drive a project to identify and characterize the differences in glycoproteomic profiles of normal and diseased human brain tissues.
Techniques include glycan analysis, isolation and purification of glycans and glycopeptides, glycoproteomics analysis, mass spectrometry, GC-MS, HPLC, fluorescence methods, binding studies, and others.
• PhD or MD/PhD with 1-3 years of postdoctoral experience, and strong motivation and background in mass spectrometry, glycoproteomics, biochemistry, and chemistry.
• Strong first-author publications.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills in fluent English.
• Independent self-starter who thrives in a large, highly interactive, collaborative scientific environment.
How to Apply:
Send a single PDF document that includes all of the following:
• 1-page letter of application outlining your background and specific interest in our group
• Current CV
• 3 recent reference contacts and their information
Email the PDF document to Dr. Richard Cummings and Dr. Jamie Heimburg-Molinaro at email@example.com