A Summary of Services available in the NCFG:
- Analysis of potential Glycan-binding proteins (GBPs) on various glycan arrays (CFG glycan array, Microbial glycan array, NCFG-derived arrays)
- Structural analysis of glycans by mass spectrometry and chromatographic techniques.
- Production of naturally occurring glycans by isolation from natural products or by enzymatic modification of existing glycans.
- Printing custom Microarrays on glass slides using natural occurring glycans, commercially available glycans, or proteins and glycoproteins.
- Production of recombinant carbohydrate binding proteins by fermentation or cell culture.
- Analysis of qualitative and quantitative changes in glycans associated with diseases and disorders by Glycan Reductive Isotope Labeling (GRIL) and mass spectrometry.
Please note- In all cases where the activities, technologies, or data of the NCFG are disseminated and publicized, the NCRR grant support should be acknowledged as follows:
“We gratefully acknowledge the National Center for Research Resources (a part of the NIH) for support of the National Center for Functional Glycomics (NCFG) at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (P41GM103694). The content of this work is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Center for Research Resources or the NIH.”